Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
Subject Re: PG 7.3 is five years old today
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, 27 Nov 2007 11:08:58 -0800 Joshua D. Drake wrote:

> Release 7.3.21 with and EOL addendum :). E.g; this is the last release
> of 7.3 and 7.3 is now considered unsupported.

I know at least one customer who is using RHEL-3 and PG 7.3 on dozens
machines worldwide. Yes, they are moving to 8.2 but this will require
some more month and eventually not all machines can just be updated to
a newer OS/DB version.

So i'm also for stopping support for 7.3 but not the way you proposed.
If we have supported 7.3 up to now, there should be an official notice
with a date, when support ends. This date should not be the next and
final release some days after the notice ;-)

Kind regards

--             Andreas 'ads' Scherbaum
German PostgreSQL User Group