Re: Timestamp comparison with string in some special cases - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andreas Kretschmer
Subject Re: Timestamp comparison with string in some special cases
Date
List pgsql-general
Dragan Matic <mlists@panforma.co.yu> schrieb:

> I have just found out that when comparing timestamp with time value where
> time value is represented in 24h format + AM/PM sign doesn't work always.
> for instance, the following query works in this format:
>
> select * from table where timestamp_column < '11/19/2007 3:46:09 PM'

This isn't a timestamp, this is a simple string. But you can CAST it to
a TIMESTAMP:

test=*# select now() > '11/19/2007 3:46:09 PM'::timestamp;
 ?column?

Andreas
"If I was god, I would recompile penguin with --enable-fly."    (unknow)