Re: PLpgsql debugger question - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: PLpgsql debugger question
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 09:20:33AM -0800, Steve Atkins wrote:
> packages, so there are an awful lot of versions of the postgresql
> application, some very different from a users point of view.
>
> I tend to think of that as feature as much as bug, but it does
> cause some confusion while trying to provide ad-hoc support
> to new users.

Well, we could set up a postgres-bundles project (especially if "CPgAN" got
off the ground) that defined well-outlined sets of packages that work well
together.  This would really be nothing more than a hints file for
packagers; but it'd be something that community members could say, "Here are
things that naturally fit together when we use them," and if enough people
found a given description apposite, we could "endorse" that.

Andrew Sullivan
Old sigs will return after re-constitution of blue smoke