Re: Gborg: announcement by 404 - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Gborg: announcement by 404
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 14 November 2007 12:36, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 04:18:07 -0000
>
> "Greg Sabino Mullane" <greg@turnstep.com> wrote:
> > Did I miss something, or was there no post made to -announce
> > and/or -general about this? Since even people on the -www list
>
> There were not announcements this time and there certainly should have
> been. However, there have been many, many announcements trying to get
> people off gborg and I have very little sympathy for any who were stuck.
>
> I personally emailed every single member telling them that it was shut
> down. If they couldn't get up the time to move it in a year, I doubt
> they ever would have had to courtesy to move when we asked, over and
> over and over for them to do so.

I also contacted everyone personally and the people I spoke with were more
than willing to move thier projects (and many did so), but given they had no
access to cvs, majordomo, the gborg db or filesystem, the onus was on the web
team to keep this moving forward.  You keep painting this as some fault of
the project developers and I find it very disrespectful.

--
Robert Treat