Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash

From: Leif B. Kristensen
Subject: Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash
Date: ,
List: pgsql-advocacy

Tree view

Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Josh Berkus, )
 Re: [DOCS] Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Andrew Sullivan, )
  Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Gregory Stark, )
   Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Bruce Momjian, )
    Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Andrew Sullivan, )
 Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Peter Eisentraut, )
  Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Stefan Kaltenbrunner, )
   Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Bernd Helmle, )
  Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Josh Berkus, )
   Re: [DOCS] Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Tom Lane, )
    Re: [DOCS] Avoiding upgrade backlash  ("Joshua D. Drake", )
  Re: [DOCS] Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Tom Lane, )
 Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  ("Leif B. Kristensen", )
  Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Alvaro Herrera <-ip.org>, )
   Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  ("Leif B. Kristensen", )
    Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  ("Leif B. Kristensen", )
     Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Peter Eisentraut, )
      Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  ("Leif B. Kristensen", )
       Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Peter Eisentraut, )
        Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  ("Leif B. Kristensen", )
     Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Greg Smith, )
    Re: Avoiding upgrade backlash  (Jon Sime, )

Here is what Josh said when he started this thread:

On Monday 12. November 2007, Josh Berkus wrote:
>I'm thinking that we need to warn everyone about:
>1) They need to use 8.3's pg_dump, not the old version, to upgrade

Repeat: "They need to use 8.3's pg_dump, not the old version, to
upgrade"

Do you mean to say that Josh is lying?
http://solumslekt.org/ | Cruising with Gentoo/KDE
My Jazz Jukebox: http://www.last.fm/user/leifbk/