Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [hibernate-team] PostgreSQLDialect
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Dave Cramer escribió:

> On 12-Nov-07, at 10:10 AM, Simon Riggs wrote:
>
>> On Mon, 2007-11-12 at 14:35 +0000, Tom Dunstan wrote:
>>> Nice try :), but as I read the javadoc for DialectFactory it seems to
>>> suggest that hibernate gets the major number from our JDBC driver,
>>> which dutifully reports it as 8.
>>
>> We can extend that so it uses getMinorVersion() also.
>>
>> Personally, I think our JDBC driver is wrong, but thats another issue.
>>
> What should the driver report then ? I believe the backend code considers 8
> to be the major version, and 0123 to be the minor versions ?

No, 8.1 is the major version.  In 8.2.5, 8.2 is the major, 5 is the
minor version.

--
Alvaro Herrera                          Developer, http://www.PostgreSQL.org/
"No hay ausente sin culpa ni presente sin disculpa" (Prov. francés)