Re: Contrib docs v1 - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Contrib docs v1
Date
List pgsql-patches
Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> Sorry, I missed them, indeed I packed btree_gist instead of the good one
> btree-gist. The cube and xml2 have been added to.

Thanks.  All applied.  I know people liked the README files in each
/contrib directory but we have no chance of keeping them in sync with
the SGML so I removed them.

I still have lots of adjustments to make but at least it is in.

Albert, can you do the new dict_int and dict_xsyn READMEs.  I could do
them but I am afraid I would not do as consistent of a job as you did.
Thanks.  Those README's are still in CVS /contrib, of course.

> A Divendres 09 Novembre 2007, Bruce Momjian va escriure:
> > Albert Cervera i Areny wrote:
> > > I attach the patch for the contrib docs. Mainly it's been formatting the
> > > README files of each directory into SGML.
> > >
> > > I've removed TODOs, history, licenses (all of them are BSD AFAICS), file
> > > descriptions and install instructions (I only left one for them all).
> > >
> > > The hole contrib is one single chapter after Full Text Search. I think
> > > this gives it a lot of visibility as it's where other functions are, and
> > > given that most contrib modules provide functions seemed a good place.
> > > However, Tom showed some concerns with that so a final position should be
> > > decided.  Each section is the name of the contrib module. The first
> > > paragraph summarises what it does. And usually the last subsection
> > > contains the author(s). The rest is pretty different from one another and
> > > possibly some polishing will have to be done afterwards.
> >
> > Your patch was missing these SGML files:
> >
> >  onsgmls:contrib.sgml:26:1:E: cannot find "btree-gist.sgml"; tried
> > "btree-gist.sgml", "./btree-gist.sgml" onsgmls:contrib.sgml:28:1:E: cannot
> > find "cube.sgml"; tried "cube.sgml", "./cube.sgml"
> > onsgmls:contrib.sgml:53:1:E: cannot find "xml2.sgml"; tried "xml2.sgml",
> > "./xml2.sgml"
> >
> > Are you still working on those?
>

> --
> Albert Cervera i Areny