Re: why there is no interval / interval operator? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: why there is no interval / interval operator?
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Nov 08, 2007 at 10:50:39AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> hubert depesz lubaczewski <depesz@depesz.com> writes:
> > we have interval / float8 ( = interval), so i think that adding interval
> > / interval ( = float8) should be possible.
> What would you define it to mean, keeping in mind that an interval
> has three components not one?

ah. so i did overlook something :)

what 3 components, and what are the edge cases that it has to handle?

depesz

--
quicksil1er: "postgres is excellent, but like any DB it requires a
highly paid DBA.  here's my CV!" :)