Re: Syntax error in a large COPY - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Syntax error in a large COPY
Date
List pgsql-general
Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
> On 11/8/07, Collin Kidder <adderd@kkmfg.com> wrote:
>
> > I'm with Thomas. I think that, while inline posting is a good thing,
> > bottom posting is dead stupid and wastes my time.
> Just as bad as top-posting, really.
>
> > It is far easier to
> > follow a thread with top posting as the relevant text is right there at
> > the top ready to be read.
> The relevant bit being what?  Two lines dangling loosely
> at the top of a mail?
>
> You omitted the crucial bit here:
> "It is far easier FOR ME WITH MY CURRENT MAIL CLIENT
> to follow a thread with top posting ..."
> If that's good enough reason for you to ignore RFCs and
> complain about the habit on this list, by all means, there's
> no point in arguing. But we can flog the dead horse some
> more ....

Offtopic, but what actually confuses me most is people replying to
quoted text and not putting a blank line before their additional text,
like above.  It makes it very hard for me to quickly see the next text.

FYI, I only top post when I want talk talk _about_ the email, like "Is
this a TODO item", and put a dashed line under my text so people realize
I top-posted and there is nothing new below my text.