Re: subversion support? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From tgoodair@ca.afilias.info (Tim Goodaire)
Subject Re: subversion support?
Date
Re: subversion support?  (cyclix <cyclix@optusnet.com.au>)
List pgsql-general
Robert,

I'd like to have a copy of your script if you're willing to share. We're
currently working on schema control stuff, and your script may be useful.

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 11:23:39PM -0400, Robert Treat wrote:
> On Wednesday 24 October 2007 15:11, Roberts, Jon wrote:
> > Yeah.  I think having to save the function to disk and then leave pgAdmin
> > to execute subversion commands is going through hoops.
> >
> > Also, pgAdmin should be integrated so that you are notified if the function
> > in the database is different from the last committed version.  A visual
> > diff should be there so you can see what the differences are.
> >

> We have a script that runs nightly that dumps tables / functions to file, and
> then checks it in automagically to svn, which sends an email of the diffs.
> Perhaps that would work for you?
>
> --
> Robert Treat
> Database Architect
> http://www.omniti.com

Tim Goodaire    416-673-4126    tgoodair@ca.afilias.info
Database Team Lead, Afilias Canada Corp.