Re: dell versus hp - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Dimitri Fontaine
Subject Re: dell versus hp
Date
List pgsql-performance
Le mardi 06 novembre 2007, Tore Halset a écrit :
> Interesting. Do you have any benchmarking numbers? Did you test with
> software raid 10 as well?

Just some basic pg_restore figures, which only make sense (for me anyway) when
compared to restoring same data on other machines, and to show the effect of
having a dedicated array for the WALs (fsync off not having that an influence
on the pg_restore timing)...

The previous production server had a RAM default and made us switch without
taking the time for all the tests we could have run on the new "beast".

Regards,
--
dim

Attachment