Re: dell versus hp - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: dell versus hp
Date
List pgsql-performance
Tore,

* Tore Halset (halset@pvv.ntnu.no) wrote:
> All of our existing servers are from Dell, but I want to look at some other
> options as well. We are currently looking at rack boxes with 8 internal SAS
> discs. Two mirrored for OS, Two mirrored for WAL and 4 in raid 10 for the
> base.

I'm a big HP fan, personally.  Rather than talking about the hardware
for a minute though, I'd suggest you check out what's happening for 8.3.
Here's a pretty good writeup by Greg Smith on it:

http://www.westnet.com/~gsmith/content/postgresql/chkp-bgw-83.htm

Hopefully it'll help w/ whatever hardware you end up going with.

    Enjoy,

        Stephen

Attachment