Re: [DOCS] Pattern for use of the alias "Postgres" - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [DOCS] Pattern for use of the alias "Postgres"
Date
Re: [DOCS] Pattern for use of the alias "Postgres"  (Devrim GÜNDÜZ <devrim@CommandPrompt.com>)
Re: [DOCS] Pattern for use of the alias "Postgres"  (Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net>)
Re: [DOCS] Pattern for use of the alias "Postgres"  (Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>)
List pgsql-advocacy
Devrim G�ND�Z wrote:
-- Start of PGP signed section.
> On Thu, 2007-10-25 at 21:44 +0200, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> > Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > So, for the FAQ, which currently uses the second-entry-per-paragraph
> > > logic, should it be changed to the logic suggested above where every
> > > mention but the first is "Postgres"?  (This will of course affect
> > the
> > > documentation changes when we are ready to discuss those.)
> >
> > Just undo the whole thing.  The project name is what it is.
>
> +1.

Let's not get sidetracked here.  There was already agreement in advocacy
to promote the use of the alias, and this thread is to discuss that, not
to revisit whether we should use an alias or not.  If you want to bring
up that issue, start a thread and try to get agreement on it.