Re: Support for distributed transactions in 8.2.5 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Robert Treat
Subject Re: Support for distributed transactions in 8.2.5
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thursday 11 October 2007 11:50, Richard Huxton wrote:
> Brian Oki (boki) wrote:
> > My question is this: How does PostgreSQL 8.2.5 execute DML statements
> > (insert, update, delete, select) on remote nodes as part of the same
> > transaction? Where is the syntax specified? Or, is there a different
> > model supported? It's sort of like the synchronous multi-master
> > replication mentioned in Chapter 24. I'm looking for an integrated
> > solution.
>
> It doesn't, there isn't, and no.

I am thinking that the OP might be thinking about pl/proxy, which you
interface at the sql level like other procedures, and it does some magic
behind the scenes to farm queries where they are supposed to go. Granted this
doesn't really support acid safe distributed dml, but might be what he was
thinking?

--
Robert Treat