Re: query plan worse after analyze - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: query plan worse after analyze
Date
List pgsql-performance
Stephen Frost wrote:
> * Jeff Frost (jeff@frostconsultingllc.com) wrote:
> > Here are the plans:
>
> It's probably just me but, honestly, I find it terribly frustrating to
> try and read a line-wrapped explain-analyze output...  I realize it
> might not be something you can control in your mailer, but you might
> consider putting the various plans up somewhere online (perhaps a
> pastebin like http://pgsql.privatepaste.com) instead of or in addition
> to sending it in the email.

I've considered writing a script to unwrap the stuff, but never got
around to doing it, because I need it quite often.  (One problem is
dealing with the several different ways of wrapping).

If there are any takers I would be very thankful.