Re: OpenSSL Applink - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Magnus Hagander
Subject Re: OpenSSL Applink
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Mon, Oct 01, 2007 at 10:51:01AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Dave Page <dpage@postgresql.org> writes:
> > Magnus Hagander wrote:
> >> Should we backpatch all the stuff, or just the error push/pop thing?
>
> > All of it. Anyone building just libpq/psql using the old MSVC makefiles
> > will probably see the applink problem if they try to use client certs.
>
> I'd vote for backpatching, but only as far as 8.2, seeing that we're
> abandoning the older branches on Windows.

Should we backpatch a version of it to previous versions that does just the
error stack manipulation, or just ignore on the grounds that nobody has
reported the problem there (it's there, but it's a lot more narrow - I know
it's there, but I havent' been able to provoket it due to not knowing
enough about setting up certificate chains and such)

//Magnus