Re: Using Postgres as an alias - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Using Postgres as an alias
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > But without such changes the alias is only in the FAQ and will not be
> > widely used.
>
> I'm not sure if this has been thought through to the end.  If we make
> the point that PostgreSQL can also be called Postgres, this does not
> prevent anyone from calling it Postgre or any other forms that we might
> not like.  It might in fact make people think that it has various names
> and you can call it whatever you want.

Well, they are already calling it "Postgre" without our help, so I see
us giving them a clear alternative to PostgreSQL as helping avoid
"Postgre".

But in the end, they can continue calling us whatever they want and we
can't stop them.