BUG #3632: couldn't start postgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From andrew
Subject BUG #3632: couldn't start postgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3632
Logged by:          andrew
Email address:      andrew@temcocontrols.com
PostgreSQL version: postgresql-8.2.
Operating system:   winxp
Details:

Hello
when i use postgresql-8.2.msi to install under winxp sp2 in the end of the
step it always said:

Service 'PostgreSQL Database Server 8.2'(pgsql-8.2) failed to start.Verify
that you have sufficient privileges to start system  services

before installing I have set up an user account for the postgresql.And in
the windows service list I found the postgreSQL service but when right click
to let it start that is said I have no privileges to start this server.and
finally the install process rolling back.

Could you help me I will appricate you very much looking forward for you
reply.