Re: Change the name - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Change the name
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> > My basic issue is we can't use "asking for more details" to forever
> > block this change.  That's how organizations stop growing.
> >

> 5000 bucks and a case of whatever you drink says, that if we drop this
> topic, PostgreSQL won't stop growing.

True, but will a name change increase growth?

The bottom line is I am fine with accepting whatever the group wants on
this, but I don't want our institutional momentum to prevent a change
if a change is overall beneficial.  Institutional momentum can be a very
dangerous thing.  I am sure we have all seen its effects.

I think one of our big strengths is a lack of institutional friction in
forward momentum.