Re: SAN vs Internal Disks - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Alan Hodgson
Subject Re: SAN vs Internal Disks
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Friday 07 September 2007 10:56, "Bryan Murphy"
<bryan.murphy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Our database server connects to the san via iSCSI over Gig/E using
> jumbo frames.  File system is XFS (noatime).
>
> Throughput, however, kinda sucks.  I just can't get the kind of
> throughput to it I was hoping to get.

A single Gig/E couldn't even theoretically do better than 125MB/sec, so
yeah I would expect throughput sucks pretty bad.

--
"A democracy is a sheep and two wolves deciding on what to have for
lunch. Freedom is a well armed sheep contesting the results of the