Re: Change the name - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Robert Bernier
Subject Re: Change the name
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tuesday 4 September 2007 12:58, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Am Dienstag, 4. September 2007 18:33 schrieb Gavin M. Roy:
> > Is it too much, or the wrong question of Core to have a decision if
> > it's even possible/probable
>
> The core team appears to be about as much divided on this issue as those who
> have spoken out on this mailing list.  If someone wants to drive this
forward
> then they will have to organize a campaign from below.  (Hint: This mailing
> list is not quite low enough.)

Which is why I suggested at the begining of this thread (which seems such as
long time ago) that we make a public announcement that we are installing a
poll on the postgresql.org website and ask for input from the general public.
The poll will help focus the community as well as increase the postgres
profile at there in the grand world too.