Re: Password requirement in windows installer - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Decibel!
Subject Re: Password requirement in windows installer
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Aug 31, 2007 at 02:38:25PM -0400, Andrew Sullivan wrote:
> Indeed, I would argue that, for industrial-class data centre use, if
> you can't use ident between machines, your network security is in
> very bad shape.  (That isn't to say I think it's a good idea; but
> rather, that I hope the network is well enough run that, even if you
> did run it, it would not represent a real risk.)

ISTM that if someone breaches your network to the point where they can
spoof identd, you're pretty much hosed anyway; so what's the point of
hard-coding passwords in a config file somewhere then?
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org