Re: Out of Memory - 8.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Out of Memory - 8.2.4
Date
List pgsql-general
Tom Lane escribió:
> > Tom Lane escribió:
> >> BTW, if an autovac worker gets an elog(ERROR) on one table, does it die
> >> or continue on with the next table?
>
> > It continues with the next table if interrupted (SIGINT), but the worker
> > exits on any other error.
>
> Hmm, that seems backwards.  What's the rationale?

I don't remember :-(  We now use SIGTERM for shutdown, which closes the
worker for good.

It may well be that we need to change this so that the worker is shut
down on specific error codes, instead of continuing on some other codes.
Or it may need more thorough surgery.