Re: Bigtime scaling of Postgresql (cluster and stuff I suppose) - Mailing list pgsql-general

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Bigtime scaling of Postgresql (cluster and stuff I suppose)
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sat, Aug 25, 2007 at 10:18:25AM -0400, Bill Moran wrote:
> "Phoenix Kiula" <phoenix.kiula@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > We're moving from MySQL to PG, a move I am rather enjoying, but
> > we're currently running both databases. As we web-enable our
> > financial services in fifteen countries, I would like to recommend
> > the team that we move entirely to PG.
> >
> > In doing research on big installations of the two databases, I
> > read this from a MySQL senior exec on Slashdot:
>
> Senior MySQL exec means this is a marketing blurb, which means it's
> exaggerated, lacking any honest assessment of challenges and
> difficulties, and possibly an outright lie.  I've no doubt that
> MySQL can do clusters if you know what you're doing, but if you want
> the facts, you're going to have to look deeper than that obviously
> biased quote.  I seem to remember a forum thread with someone having
> considerable difficulty with MySQL cluster, and actual MySQL
> employees jumping in to try to help and no solution ever found.
> Anyone have that link lying around?

I think this is the one.

http://forums.mysql.com/read.php?25,93181,93181

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate