Re: Some frustrations with admin tasks on PGSQL database - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: Some frustrations with admin tasks on PGSQL database
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Aug 17, 2007 at 10:22:55PM +0800, Phoenix Kiula wrote:
> Wow, smartest advice of the day! Yes, a lot of our data in that column
> has dots and numbers (800,000 compared to 6 million), so I wanted to
> get only to the stuff that was pure alphabets, but just didn't think
> of how.

what i really meant was: check how many record will actually be modified
- i.e. contain upper-case letters.

the fact that some records contain only dots and digits is nice, but i
suspect that you also have a lot of record with only lower-case letters
in the field. or am i wrong?

depesz

--
quicksil1er: "postgres is excellent, but like any DB it requires a
highly paid DBA.  here's my CV!" :)