Re: 12 Silver Bullets - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Decibel!
Subject Re: 12 Silver Bullets
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Tue, Aug 14, 2007 at 05:35:59PM -0400, Bob Zurek wrote:
> Anyone ever put together something I call a Silver Bullet list that
> showcases the top 12 features in PostgreSQL that could kill MySQL?
>
> Care to contribute? Any advice?

We need to be careful on this... a few years ago it was easy to bash
MySQL on a feature-comparison basis. They got tired of that and have
been working to "check off the boxes" on a feature comparison chart.
Now, many of these features are pretty incomplete, and many of them have
non-trivial flaws/gotchas... but it's much harder to present those
things in a way that makes a persuasive case.

In case you haven't already, you should google: mysql gotchas.
--
Decibel!, aka Jim Nasby                        decibel@decibel.org

Attachment