Re: change name of redirect_stderr? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: change name of redirect_stderr?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > Perhaps it should be named analogously to stats_start_collector,
> > > ie think of the syslogger process as a "log collector".  I don't
> > > much like "log_start_collector" though --- "start_log_collector"
> > > seems far less confusing as to where the verb is.
> >
> > Nobody else seems to care much. I'll go with "start_log_collector".
>
> Are we trying to use log_* prefixes, e.g. log_start_collector?

That sounds like you want to log when the collector starts, which is not
the case and is confusing -- what collector is it talking about?  This
is about starting the log collector.

--
Alvaro Herrera                               http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"How amazing is that? I call it a night and come back to find that a bug has