Re: UDFs - Mailing list pgsql-general

From hubert depesz lubaczewski
Subject Re: UDFs
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, Aug 13, 2007 at 05:07:50PM +0000, jf wrote:
> my understanding was that pgcrypto was not compiled by default?

your function is also not compiled on default. but pgcrypto is at the
very least available by default (in sources, or in precompiled
packages).

> Furthermore, finding next to no documentation about it online and deciding

i dont know about online documentation, but in installed pgcrypto you
have a nice readme with all functions described.

> I only needed one function instead of an entire crypto API i decided it
> would make the most sense to just code the 10 lines to do it myself.

i'm not opposing to the idea. i was just checking if you do know about
it :)

best regards,

depesz

--
quicksil1er: "postgres is excellent, but like any DB it requires a
highly paid DBA.  here's my CV!" :)