Re: pgcheck - data integrity check - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Josh Berkus
Subject Re: pgcheck - data integrity check
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Robert,

> I am working on a data integrity check tool (pgcheck).
> I would like to discuss the following issues:

I'm a little confused.  I assumed that your project would check the pages of a
*shut-down* database or one in recovery (single-user) mode as part of
recovery after a crash or HW failure.  We don't really want users running the
database in normal mode if there's any significant chance of data-page
corruption.

Can you back up and explain what you're trying to accomplish with this tool?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL @ Sun