Re: finding reusable ids - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Kenji Morishige
Subject Re: finding reusable ids
Date
List pgsql-general
Actually, I already have a resource table that stores the uid of the item in
question.  The checkout table does double duty as a history mechanism and a
check-out mechanism.  I think you are on the right track, I should seperate
these two tasks and possibly create another table.  The actual design is a
bit more complicated as we actually don't have a a checked-in flag, but a
start and finish time where users can actually store multiple overlapping
records.

Kenji