Re: Not able to find a table - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Michael Fuhr
Subject Re: Not able to find a table
Date
List pgsql-novice
On Mon, Jul 30, 2007 at 09:26:58AM -0500, Dale Seaburg wrote:
> I have a database that can be accessed and used correctly via ODBC
> and MS-Access.  But when I try to do a simple SQL SELECT query in
> psql, I get an error that the table can't be found: Relation
> "instrument_type" does not exist.  Yet, when I do a "\d" command, I
> see the table named "Instrument_Type" in the "public" schema.  I use
> the database owner as the user id for psql.

See "Why are my table and column names not recognized in my query?
Why is capitalization not preserved?" in the FAQ and "Identifiers
and Key Words" in the documentation, in particular the part that
discusses quoted identifiers and case sensitivity:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faqs.FAQ.html#item4.21
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/sql-syntax-lexical.html#SQL-SYNTAX-IDENTIFIERS

--
Michael Fuhr