Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: CREATE TABLE LIKE INCLUDING INDEXES support
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Fri, Jul 20, 2007 at 12:40:46PM +0100, Gregory Stark wrote:
> "Tatsuo Ishii" <ishii@sraoss.co.jp> writes:
>
> > Can someone enligten me what the usecase for CREATE TABLE LIKE at this
> > moment is?
>
> One of the main use cases I envision is wanting to create new partitions
> suitable for being added to a partitioned table.

Except that's normally done with CREATE TABLE INHERITS, which seems
cleaner to me. I think the patch would be more useful if it added
support for INHERITS, but I don't object to it as-is.
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org

Attachment