Re: Future of krb5 authentication - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Future of krb5 authentication
Date
List pgsql-hackers
* Magnus Hagander (magnus@hagander.net) wrote:
> But we're talking two different issues. Deprecating/removing krb5 is a
> different thing from having GSSAPI and SSPI mutually exclusive or not.

To the extent that keeping krb5 around implies a much lower burden on
GSSAPI support under Windows, I disagree...  If we need the MIT
headers/libraries around to support krb5 anyway then I don't feel the
fact that you can do SSPI w/o those headers/libraries to be a case for
not supporting GSSAPI on Windows, we need them anyway...
Thanks,
    Stephen