Re: Straightforward changes for increased SMP scalability - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Straightforward changes for increased SMP scalability
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Jul 16, 2007 at 01:23:46PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> Both of these changes are simple enough to consider for 8.3

I'm in favour of scalability, of course, but are they really simple
enough to put in for 8.3?  I was under the impression that there was
a push on to get the thing shipped, and adding incremental changes
near the end of the cycle strikes me as a possible source of
significant additional surprises (and therefore delays).  I am no
code expert, though; I just wanted to be sure there's consensus on
the simplicity of the changes.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
This work was visionary and imaginative, and goes to show that visionary
and imaginative work need not end up well.     --Dennis Ritchie