Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From David Fetter
Subject Re: Problem with recent PostgreSQL relatedpressrelease
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Jul 13, 2007 at 02:06:14PM -0700, Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Dave Page wrote:
> >Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> >>Dave Page wrote:
> >>
> >>PostgreSQL Core is the distribution developed and distributed by the
> >>PostgreSQL.Org community. We are one of the many contributors to this
> >>excellent database software. It is 100% enterprise ready and
> >>commercially supported.
> >
> >Which means what exactly? Precisely nothing as far as whether CMD are
> >THE PostgreSQL Company or A PostgreSQL Company.
>
> Precisely nothing to you, which I accept. It a differentiating factor
> for us.

It also happens to be objectively false and misleading, as many people
have told you many times.  To take one example, Varlena LLC has been
doing exclusively PostgreSQL for quite some time.  There are other
companies not based in North America that do the same.  Please stop
this, keeping in mind that business in Matthew 7:1-5.

Sincerely,
David
who also does PostgreSQL exclusively, and doesn't work at CMD.
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate