Re: 2PC-induced lockup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: 2PC-induced lockup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 11, 2007 at 10:47:25PM +0100, Simon Riggs wrote:
> expertise to isolate this as the error. I would prefer to explicitly
> avoid this kind of error, so that we can return to the idea that
> removing pg_twophase is never a requirement.

This was pretty much my point.  It's one thing to say, "If you are
completely hosed, you will lose some data."  But 2PC is making some
pretty strong promises, and I sort of hate it that it's not real hard
to break things in such a way that those promises have to be broken.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
When my information changes, I alter my conclusions.  What do you do sir?    --attr. John Maynard Keynes