Re: Catalog insertion - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Catalog insertion
Date
List pgsql-admin
Carmen Martinez escribió:
> I'd like to use the same system we did with oracle due all the rdbms
> use a catalog in order to store their system tables and structures.
> Using the CREATE TYPE sentence implies a new implementation totally
> different from the previous one.

We may be able to help you, but we can't if you don't say what you
actually want to do (rather than _how_ you think you should do it).
Keep in mind that this is a different system from Oracle and things may
be done differently.

There's a spanish mail list (pgsql-es-ayuda) on this very same server.
You may be able to explain yourself better there (and I'll be able to
respond more quickly).