Re: BUG #3427: Autovacuum crashed server - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: BUG #3427: Autovacuum crashed server
Date
List pgsql-bugs
spam@munnin.com wrote:
> Hello Alvaro,
>
> sorry to responding directly, but I haven't subscribed to the bugs
> mailing list.

Please CC the list anyway, so that
1. it is classified correctly on my end, and
2. so that somebody approves it and it ends up being posted to the list
eventually.

Note: I changed the reply address to the original one you used.
spam@munnin.com sounds suspicious.

> AH> Is there any way to figure out what "exit code -1073741819" means?
>
> Yes, -1073741819 is 0xc0000005 aka "Access Violation".

Oh, OK.  How can this happen?  I don't know much about Windows.  Maybe
you have some antivirus is checking the file at the same time Autovac is
checking it?

Also, it would be good to have a more complete report of what happenned.
Can you reproduce this problem?  If so, please provide the whole ERROR
report (change log_min_messages I guess).  Did it fail trying to open a
file?

--
Alvaro Herrera                               http://www.PlanetPostgreSQL.org/
"Cómo ponemos nuestros dedos en la arcilla del otro. Eso es la amistad; jugar