BUG #3398: Regress test cannot be run with Makefile in postgresql-test-8.2.4 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Ondrej Sevcik
Subject BUG #3398: Regress test cannot be run with Makefile in postgresql-test-8.2.4
Date
List pgsql-bugs

Bug reference:      3398
Logged by:          Ondrej Sevcik
Email address:      osevcik@redhat.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.4
Operating system:   Linux RHEL 5
postgresql-test-8.2.4
Details:

I have installed package postgresql-test-8.2.4-1.el5s2 and I tried to run
tests by "make check" in /usr/lib/pgsql/test/regress and this ended by an
error:

./pg_regress: ./pg_regress: cannot execute binary file
make: *** [installcheck-parallel] Error 126

In previous version was pg_regress a bash script, but now it is a binary
file, but Make file was not changed and there is still $(SHELL)
./pg_regress
AFAIK binary files cannot be run in this way. I hope that I didn't miss some
switch in .bashrc. Anyway it didn't work for me on two RHEL5 computers.