Re: Controlling Load Distributed Checkpoints - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Controlling Load Distributed Checkpoints
Date
Re: Controlling Load Distributed Checkpoints  (Greg Smith <gsmith@gregsmith.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 09:50:49AM +0100, Heikki Linnakangas wrote:

> dynamics change. But we must also keep in mind that average DBA doesn't
> change any settings, and might not even be able or allowed to. That
> means the defaults should work reasonably well without tweaking the OS
> settings.

Do you mean "change the OS settings" or something else?  (I'm not
sure it's true in any case, because shared memory kernel settings
have to be fiddled with in many instances, but I thought I'd ask for
clarification.)

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
Users never remark, "Wow, this software may be buggy and hard
to use, but at least there is a lot of code underneath."    --Damien Katz