Re: WIP csv logs - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: WIP csv logs
Date
Re: WIP csv logs  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-patches
Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> Attached is my WIP version of the CSV logs patch. It does not include
> docs changes.
>
> It fixes the CSV thinko I just posted about, and also implements the
> "safe to rotate" scheme I suggested yesterday, at quite a modest cost.
> As Tom rightly points out, that does not protect us against interleaving
> log lines from different backends, which is an open problem.

I wonder, if we were to use an LWLock to protect writing to the stderr
pipe, would it be too contentious?

--
Alvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile   ICBM: S 39º 49' 18.1", W 73º 13' 56.4"
"El destino baraja y nosotros jugamos" (A. Schopenhauer)