Re: Stored Procedures and Functions - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Leif B. Kristensen
Subject Re: Stored Procedures and Functions
Date
List pgsql-general
On Saturday 2. June 2007 16:47, Harpreet Dhaliwal wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Is it true that postgres doesn't have a notion of Stored Procedures
> and functions is what it has instead?
>RDBMS like Sql Server supports both stored procedures and functions.
>So I was wondering what is the difference between a Stored Procedure
> and a function.

Pascal has functions and procedures. C has only functions. That doesn't
say anything about the relative usability of each language. Those are
just names.
http://solumslekt.org/ | Cruising with Gentoo/KDE
My Jazz Jukebox: http://www.last.fm/user/leifbk/