Re: Autodetect of software RAID1+0 fails - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Steinar H. Gunderson
Subject Re: Autodetect of software RAID1+0 fails
Date
Re: Autodetect of software RAID1+0 fails
List pgsql-performance
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 10:57:56AM -0700, Craig James wrote:
> The Linux kernel doesn't properly detect my software RAID1+0 when I boot
> up.  It detects the two RAID1 arrays, the partitions of which are marked
> properly.  But it can't find the RAID0 on top of that, because there's no
> corresponding device to auto-detect.  The result is that it creates
> /dev/md0 and /dev/md1 and assembles the RAID1 devices on bootup, but
> /dev/md2 isn't created, so the RAID0 can't be assembled at boot time.

Either do your md discovery in userspace via mdadm (your distribution can
probably help you with this), or simply use the raid10 module instead of
building raid1+0 yourself.

/* Steinar */
--
Homepage: http://www.sesse.net/