Re: Postgresql 8.2 connection problem on static ip - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Andrew Sullivan
Subject Re: Postgresql 8.2 connection problem on static ip
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Fri, Jun 01, 2007 at 12:57:00AM +0800, Siva wrote:
> having static ip, i want to access the postgres from outside of my
> office without using any router portforwading, how to configure
> like this,

Can you connect to the box at all?  I think I have heard that XP has
some magic firewall thing it runs automatically to try to prevent
many kinds of connection, in a (possibly futile) effort to make the
OS safe to use on the Internet.

Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
In the future this spectacle of the middle classes shocking the avant-
garde will probably become the textbook definition of Postmodernism.
                --Brad Holland