Re: Not ready for 8.3 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Not ready for 8.3
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, May 17, 2007 at 11:02:31PM -0400, Greg Smith wrote:
> On Thu, 17 May 2007, David Fetter wrote:
>
> >Would you be interested in providing this meat?  You're uniquely
> >qualified because your shins still smart from all the things you
> >barked them on :)
>
> Unfortunately I'm temporarily on the other side of this problem; all the
> time I have to spare right now is going to into reviewing other people's
> patches.
>
> Even more unfortunately, I'm not 100% happy with what I'm doing, and
> certainly wouldn't want to present the shoddy techniques I'm using as
> recommended.  If anyone else has useful info on this subject (keeping a
> local repository in sync with HEAD via rsync while working on branches)
> they'd like to pass along, please drop me a message with whatever level of
> documentation you might have--even rough notes would be a help.  Once I'm
> finished with the reviews I'm trying to contribute, I will sort through
> any suggestions I get and turn that into formal documentation.  This has
> left enough shin damage that I'd enjoy completely slaying the cause.

Rather than trying to get something "FAQ-perfect" right now, can you at
least brain-dump what your current process is so that others can learn?
I've created a wiki page for this and added Heikki's tips:
http://developer.postgresql.org/index.php/Working_with_CVS
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org