Re: Manual trigger removal [WAS] Flushing Postgres Function Cache - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Raf
Subject Re: Manual trigger removal [WAS] Flushing Postgres Function Cache
Date
List pgsql-admin
Hi Tom,

Thanks for the feedback.

On Thu, 17 May 2007, Tom Lane wrote:
> Raf <rafiq@joshua.dreamthought.com> writes:
>> The final step was the decrement the reltriggers counter for the parent
>> table's pg_class entry to 0.  This appears to have resolved the problem.
>
> You should probably have set it to 3 not 0; what you did has disabled
> *all* the triggers on that table.  Is that really what you want?

Even though there were 0 rows associated with the table's oid in
pg_depend and pg_triggers ?

Should this not be my indicator of the reltriggers count?

For completeness, I ran a script we have which runs a bunch of alter
tables, so that the schema returns to its natural state.  I believe that
this should fix any missing triggers, once the redundant trigger had been
removed.  Would you agree?

Thanks,

Raf