Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Leif B. Kristensen
Subject Re: drupal.org MySQL database issues
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Wednesday 16. May 2007 15:37, Brian Hurt wrote:

>I have never understood the purpose of having more than one "backend"
> to the database.  As near as I can figure, it's only purpose is to
> allow people to pick the wrong one.

In the case of MySQL, the multiple backends do serve obvious promotional
purposes. You may have noticed that pro-MySQL arguments often features
a mythical backend with the speed of MyISAM and the ACID of INNOdb.
http://solumslekt.org/ | Cruising with Gentoo/KDE
My Jazz Jukebox: http://www.last.fm/user/leifbk/