Re: Problem Recovering from Windows PITR - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Jim C. Nasby
Subject Re: Problem Recovering from Windows PITR
Date
List pgsql-admin
On Tue, May 15, 2007 at 05:43:06PM -0400, Nykolyn, Andrew wrote:
> In testing my PITR on windows 8.1.4 I find the server does not go into
> recovery mode and will not start after restoring the base backup and
> setting up the recovery.conf file as described in the PostgreSQL
> documentation.  All permissions appear to be set correctly on the new
> data directories and files.  There are no log files generated that I can
> see anywhere to give me a clue on what is happening.  The service
> message indicates that there are no error messages but the service did
> not start.  Does anybody have any ideas on where I should look to solve
> my problem.

Can you launch PostgreSQL from the command line instead? You might get
more output that way... also try increasing the logging verbosity;
setting log_min_messages to debug might help. You could also try
bringing up a postmaster in standalone mode, though I'm not sure if it
will attempt a PITR recovery in that case...
--
Jim Nasby                                      decibel@decibel.org