Re: [DOCS] Autovacuum and XID wraparound - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From David Fetter
Subject Re: [DOCS] Autovacuum and XID wraparound
Date
List pgsql-patches
On Sun, May 13, 2007 at 10:06:40PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> David Fetter <david@fetter.org> writes:
> > Per Neil Conway, here's some doc patches re: the autovacuum
> > daemon's behavior.  Should this be back-patched to 8.2x?
>
> This fact is already documented in at least three places; do we
> really need two more?

Yes.

> The proposed addition to postgresql.conf seems particularly
> over-the-top, since there is no entry in that file that even
> pretends to offer a complete description of the associated behavior.

I think that a boolean that doesn't do what you expect booleans to do,
i.e. turn the thing all the way off, is worth a mention.

Cheers,
David.
phone: +1 415 235 3778        AIM: dfetter666
                              Skype: davidfetter

Remember to vote!
Consider donating to PostgreSQL: http://www.postgresql.org/about/donate