Re: Postmaster can't stop with pg_ctl - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From takuya koide
Subject Re: Postmaster can't stop with pg_ctl
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Thank you for your reply.

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 10:22:25 -0400
Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> > takuya koide wrote:
> >> 4) send 'SIGSTOP' signal to postgres
>
> > If you "stop" a process by SIGSTOP you must make it run again with
> > SIGCONT.  Otherwise it's just not processing signals, so it'll obviously
> > not shut down.  I don't think this is a bug.
>
> SIGSTOP is a debugging tool, which would be rendered nigh useless if the
> postmaster tried to override it automatically.  So definitely NOTABUG
> in my opinion too.

For end-user, Debugging is not important and daily working, too.
So for developper, if PostgreSQL have a debug option, it seems that it is no problem.
(When it is used debug option, it not shutdown as like current working)

Thank you.
Best Regards
---
Takuya Koide